Dr. Roman's Credentials
Dr. Margo Roman is a renowned veterinarian with decades of treatment experience with microbiome transplantation at her small animal medicine clinic and hospital - Main Street Animal Services of Hopkinton (MASH) from 1983-present.
Dr. Roman has 30 years of integrative veterinary medicine experience. She is renowned as a true pioneer of FMT, which she coined as Microbiome Restorative Therapy (MBRT). Over the 30 years, Dr. Roman has performed more than 30,000 FMT treatments improving the health for so many dogs. She was recently awarded the holistic veterinarian of the year in 2021 by the AHVMA. Additional highlights of margo’s extraordinary accomplishments are below:
- Internship at Angell Memorial Hospital in 1978-79
- Graduated from Tuskegee Institute School of Veterinary Medicine In 1978; licensed DVM in Massachusetts and California
- Undergraduate at University of Florida
- Externship Animal Medical Center New York 1976
- Harvard University Fellowship in Pathology at Angell Memorial Hospital and New England Regional Primate Research Center 1977
- Tufts University Anatomy Faculty 1979-1987; Guest lecturer 1988-2004
- Lectures nationally and internationally on integrative topics focusing on
Ozone and Microbiome treatments
Since 1996, Dr. Margo Roman has raised amazing, genetically tested poodles for 6 generations all at a green sustainable home on virgin woods in New England. She has personally looked after her dog’s fresh, organic and raw diet as well as healthcare with a focus on holistic and integrative medical care. Her dogs have never had antibiotics, NSAIDs or been exposed to pesticides. Never had flea or tick chemicals placed on them and their water is free of chlorine and fluoride. The donor dogs have been minimally vaccinated and titered. They have been born vaginally to ensure optimal passage of the mother's microbiome.